The Classic Pancake Recipe
It's pancake day!
If you're like us and make pancakes every year but the recipe just doesn't stick or you're still in search of the recipe that is going to give you the perfect pancake - then look no further than the tried and tested Easy Pancake recipe from BBC Good Food. The simple yet helpful method is one of our faves, and who knew you could freeze pancakes (read and bookmark below).
Happy Pancake making!
1. Put the flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
2. Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
3. Serve with lemon wedges and sugar, or your favourite filling. Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 2 month
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large egg
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- caster sugar, to serve (optional)